LGBTQI+ SELF DEFENSE
Our chapter is partnering with Teen Pride Network, Victory Defense Systems and First Congregational Church of Akron to offer a fantastic four week self defense course, specifically for LGBTQI+ youth as young as 12, high school, college age AND adults. The course is based on 20+ years of extensive kung fu training, FBI statistics, psychology and human physiology.
To help students college kids and younger attend the class without any financial barriers, Teen Pride Network has very generously offered to pay the total cost of the course for the first 20 student who are 12 years old through college who register to attend. Participants must attend all four sessions.
In a safe environment, along with other members of the LGTBQI+ community, enhance your personal safety with conflict resolution and defensive techniques taught by experienced martial arts instructors.
The instructors will train the class in a way to build up and challenge the students, but if there is any part of the training that the student is uncomfortable doing they will not be made to participate in that exercise.
What to expect:
• Develop strategies and basic techniques to empower instead of eliciting fear.
• Learn four main components to self-defense: self-esteem, awareness, fitness and education.
• Be trained how to get out of the most common bad situations.
• Learn how and when to use your awareness skills
• Increase your self-esteem and feeling of security
• Gain the physical and mental skills of self-defense
The course is a series of one hour sessions, 6:30-7:30 pm for four consecutive weeks, July 1, 8, 15 and 22.
Cost is $69 and is limited to 50 students.
We expect to reach maximum class enrollment so don’t wait to register.
To register, call 330-704-0126 or email [email protected]. For more details visit Teen Pride Network on Facebook.